If you need disability-related accommodations, Please contact us!
Lower Level Harts Science Building
The Office for Disability Services (ODS) works to ensure that students with disabilities have equal opportunity to participate in Lincoln College programs, courses, and activities. Contact ODS for more information.
Lincoln Campus – Traditional Program
Allyssa Schweisthal, Coordinator of ODS and Access
ABE Program – All Locations and Graduate Program
Sue Merrick, Director of the Office for Disability Services
New to Disability Services?
Get started by completing the online registration form in the Disability Services tab in MyLynx.
If you’ve already registered with ODS, and need a letter for your teachers this semester, submit a request via the Faculty Notification Letter link in the
Disability Services tab in MyLynx.
Contact the Office for Residence Life to request the Disability-Related Housing Accomodation Request Form.
Learn more about Access, an academic coaching program designed to increase independence and build skills related to academic success. Contact Allyssa Schweisthal, Coordinator of ODS and Access, for more information.
- Contact the Office for Disability Services (ODS).
- Register with ODS and provide appropriate documentation to establish eligibility for services.
- Meet with ODS for a structured conversation about the current impact of the disability, ways to mitigate that impact, and students’ rights and responsibilities associated with disability-related accommodations.
- Communicate with your professors.
Allow 1 full week after submission of all materials for ODS to evaluate the materials and reply.
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Post-secondary Education: Know your Rights and Responsibilities
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Association in Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD)
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Center for Independent Living
- Department of Rehabilitative Services, Office Locator